Working on goal setting…again! It was difficult to keep it to just 10. There is A LOT I want to accomplish in 2012! I’ll be revisiting the goals in another week. It’ll be interesting to see how the list changes and progresses.
- Made running a habit/lifestyle by running 3 – 5 days per week, totaling 800 – 1000 miles.
- Completed one event per month, with 2 PR’s.
- Built the Lawrence Fit Club up to 25 regular attendees, and started a Fit Club at East 91st Street Christian Church as part of the local outreach.
- Become certified as a Team In Training Run Coach for the fall events.
- Created and coordinated a Lawrence Run Club.
- Hosted at least 1 Fitness and 1 Nutrition Challenge per month.
- Successfully achieved Diamond Coach status within Beachbody by reaching SC5 for 11 months, and mentoring my personally sponsored coaches to help them build their own business.
- Paid off over $7k in debt.
- Taken my family on a vacation to Hawaii.
- Been seen in a Beachbody infomercial.
What are your goals? How will you go about making them happen?
Over the next 30 days I will be embarking on a new journey. I will be learning about myself, my true priorities, how they will drive all of my life decisions, and how I can use that focus to waste less time doing whatever and spend more time with my family. All thanks to Chalene Johnson’s book “Push”, and of course my fantastic accountability partner and fellow Coach, Emma Dunn.
I’ll also be posting here daily, including you in the journey and sharing my insights. It’s going to be legen – wait for it – dary.
2011 has been a great year. Sure, we’ve had some down spirals in the roller coaster. Two family deaths, job ups and downs, financial woes, and the annual wish to move. Each struggle has made us stronger. We have been able to spend more time with family, we are building experience and credibility in our areas of work, God has constantly provided just enough money when we need it, and the foundation is already in place for the spring garden. Not to forget my biggest accomplishment for the year…completing my first marathon!
To celebrate the successes and challenges of this past year, this morning my husband, sister, brother-in-law, 7 & 9 year old nieces, and I ran our own Family New Years Eve 5k…and their first “race”. I cannot express how proud I am of all of them! They already had a foundation built for about a mile walk/run, so they weren’t starting from scratch but it was still a big jump. They put in the effort and trained hard all this week while we’ve been visiting. Needless to say, there has been much napping this afternoon. And tonight we head to the beach to kick off the New Year, complete with fireworks.
What does the New Year mean? What do we want to accomplish in 2012? Well, I don’t believe in resolutions. The terms itself has become known as something that doesn’t really mean anything. How many times have we all made resolutions and gave up on them by February? No, this year I am making promises. And I am posting them here for accountability, in no particular order. I encourage you to check up on me, message me for updates if I don’t post them, and do the same for yourself.
- Run 800 – 1000 miles (really want to shoot for the higher, although the lower is more realistic)
- Run 3 – 5 per week (you never know with a toddler, and I am not setting myself up for failure or guilt trips)
- Complete at least 10 of the races on my wishlist, with 3 PR’s
- Grow Fit Club
- Grow my Beachbody business by becoming a diamond coach
- Get certified to be a Run Coach with Team In Training
- Find a small group or life group to plug into
- Pay off 2 debts
- Finally go to Hawaii
- Be in an infomercial
These are some lofty goals, and it will take hard work and determination to make them happen.
What do you promise to accomplish for yourself in 2012? Please share, I’d really like to know!